Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Camulod Chronicles series.
- #1: The Skystone: The Dream of Eagles Vol. 1 (Camulod Chronicles #1) (Paperback): $25.99
- #2: The Singing Sword: The Dream of Eagles, Volume 2 (Camulod Chronicles #2) (Paperback): $27.99
- #4: The Saxon Shore (Camulod Chronicles #4) (Paperback): $31.99
- #5: The Fort at River's Bend: Book Five of The Camulod Chronicles (Paperback): $25.99
- #6: The Sorcerer: Metamorphosis (Camulod Chronicles #6) (Paperback): $25.99
- #7: Uther (Camulod Chronicles #7) (Paperback): $38.99
- #8: The Lance Thrower (Camulod Chronicles #8) (Paperback): $32.99
- #9: The Eagle: The Concluding Volume of The Camulod Chronicles (Paperback): Email or call for price
The Eagles' Brood by Jack Whyte continues the saga of the Colony known as Camulod, and the tale of the descendants of those brave Romans who forged a new way of life for the Celt and Roman peoples when the Roman legions departed Britain.
Most know the new leader of the Colony as Merlyn; all call him Commander. Cauis Merlyn Britannicus is responsible for their safety, and all look to him for guidance, leadership, justice, and salvation. It is a harsh life but a good community, and Merlyn is dedicated to spreading the influence of Roman culture beyond the Colony's borders.
Uther Pendragon, the man who will father the legendary Arthur, is the cousin Merlyn has known and loved since they were birthed, four hours apart on the same day, the year the legions left Britain. He is the tireless warrior--the red dragon to Merlyn's great silver bear--and between the two of them, the Colony knows few enemies.
As different as they can be, they are inseparable: two faces of the same coin. In a world torn apart by warfare and upheaval, each is the other's certainty and guarantee of the survival of the Colony . . . until a vicious crime, one that strikes at the roots of Merlyn's life, drives a wedge between them. A wedge that threatens the fate of a nation . . . .
About the Author
JACK WHYTE was born and raised in Scotland and has lived in Canada since 1967. He has been an actor, orator, singer, and poet at various stages of his life, and was awarded an honorary doctorate of letters for his contribution to Canadian popular fiction. Whyte is the author of the internationally bestselling Dream of Eagles series and the Templar trilogy. He lives in Kelowna, British Columbia.
“From the building blocks of history and the mortar of reality, Jack Whyte has built Arthur's world, and showed us the bone beneath the flesh of legend.” —Diana Gabaldon
“The very best storytellers keep their readers glued to the story with plot, character, and a keen sense of the dramatic. . . . Whyte breathes life into the Arthurian myths by weaving the reality of history into it.” —Tony Hillerman