Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Camulod Chronicles series.
- #1: The Skystone: The Dream of Eagles Vol. 1 (Camulod Chronicles #1) (Paperback): $25.99
- #3: The Eagles' Brood: Book Three of The Camulod Chronicles (Paperback): $27.99
- #4: The Saxon Shore (Camulod Chronicles #4) (Paperback): $31.99
- #5: The Fort at River's Bend: Book Five of The Camulod Chronicles (Paperback): $25.99
- #6: The Sorcerer: Metamorphosis (Camulod Chronicles #6) (Paperback): $25.99
- #7: Uther (Camulod Chronicles #7) (Paperback): $38.99
- #8: The Lance Thrower (Camulod Chronicles #8) (Paperback): $32.99
- #9: The Eagle: The Concluding Volume of The Camulod Chronicles (Paperback): Email or call for price
We know the legends: Arthur brought justice to a land that had known only cruelty and force; his father, Uther, carved a kingdom out of the chaos of the fallen Roman Empire; the sword Excalibur, drawn from stone by England's greatest king.
But legends do not tell the whole tale. Legends do not tell of the despairing Roman soldiers, abandoned by their empire, faced with the choice of fleeing back to Rome, or struggling to create a last stronghold against the barbarian onslaughts from the north and east. Legends do not tell of Arthur's great-grandfather, Publius Varrus, the warrior who marked the boundaries of a reborn empire with his own shed blood; they do not tell of Publius's wife, Luceiia, British-born and Roman-raised, whose fierce beauty burned pale next to her passion for law and honor.
With The Camulod Chronicles, Jack Whyte tells us what legend has forgotten: the history of blood and violence, passion and steel, out of which was forged a great sword, and a great nation. The Singing Sword continues the gripping epic begun in The Skystone: As the great night of the Dark Ages falls over Roman Britain, a lone man and woman fight to build a last stronghold of law and learning--a crude hill-fort, which one day, long after their deaths, will become a great city . . . known as Camelot.
About the Author
JACK WHYTE was born and raised in Scotland and has lived in Canada since 1967. He has been an actor, orator, singer, and poet at various stages of his life, and was awarded an honorary doctorate of letters for his contribution to Canadian popular fiction. Whyte is the author of the internationally bestselling Dream of Eagles series and the Templar trilogy. He lives in Kelowna, British Columbia.
“From the building blocks of history and the mortar of reality, Jack Whyte has built Arthur's world and showed us the bone beneath the flesh of legend.” —Diana Gabaldon
“The very best storytellers keep their readers glued to the story with plot, character, and a keen sense of the dramatic . . . . Whyte breathes life into the Arthurian myths by weaving the reality of history into it.” —Tony Hillerman