Not in Store - Usually Ships in 1-5 days.
Other Books in Series
- #1: The Hills Have Spies (Valdemar: Family Spies #1) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #2: Eye Spy (Valdemar: Family Spies #2) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Closer to the Chest (Valdemar: The Herald Spy #3) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: Redoubt: Book Four of the Collegium Chronicles (A Valdemar Novel) (Valdemar: Collegium Chronicles #4) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #5: Bastion: Book Five of the Collegium Chronicles (A Valdemar Novel) (Valdemar: Collegium Chronicles) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #15: Boundaries (Valdemar #15) (Paperback): $18.00
- #1047: Sword of Ice: And Other Tales of Valdemar (Mass Market): $8.99
This fourteenth anthology of short stories set in the beloved Valdemar universe features tales by debut and established authors and a brand-new story from Lackey herself.
The Heralds of Valdemar are the kingdom's ancient order of protectors. They are drawn from all across the land, from all walks of life, and at all ages--and all are Gifted with abilities beyond those of normal men and women. They are Mindspeakers, FarSeers, Empaths, ForeSeers, Firestarters, FarSpeakers, and more. These inborn talents--combined with training as emissaries, spies, judges, diplomats, scouts, counselors, warriors, and more--make them indispensable to their monarch and realm. Sought and Chosen by mysterious horse-like Companions, they are bonded for life to these telepathic, enigmatic creatures. The Heralds of Valdemar and their Companions ride circuit throughout the kingdom, protecting the peace and, when necessary, defending their land and monarch.
About the Author
Mercedes Lackey is a full-time writer and has published numerous novels and works of short fiction, including the bestselling Heralds of Valdemar series. She is also a professional lyricist and a licensed wild bird rehabilitator.
Praise for the Valdemar anthologies
"New readers will have no trouble understanding the world and its characters. The strength of the anthology comes in the unity and flow of the stories as each one builds subtly toward a gentle, thoughtful point with a perfect blend of emotion and intrigue." —Publishers Weekly (starred)
“Fans of Lackey’s epic Valdemar series will devour this superb anthology. Of the thirteen stories included, there is no weak link—an attribute exceedingly rare in collections of this sort. Highly recommended.” —The Barnes & Noble Review
“Exceedingly well done, it helps keep readers unconfused while wandering the enormous fictional terrain the Valdemar oeuvre covers.” —Booklist
“Each story brings unique ideas that carry on the fantastical elements from the world created by Lackey. Fans new and old will step into a literary world that’s unlike any other and will be sucked into tales that will take them on wondrous journeys.” —RT Reviews