Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Noble Dead series.
- #2: Thief of Lives (Noble Dead #2) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Sister of the Dead (Noble Dead #3) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: Traitor to the Blood (Noble Dead Saga #4) (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #5: Rebel Fay (Noble Dead #5) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #6: Child of a Dead God: A Novel of the Noble Dead (Mass Market): $7.99
- #7: In Shade and Shadow: A Novel of the Noble Dead (Mass Market): $7.99
- #8: Through Stone and Sea: A Novel of the Nobel Dead (Noble Dead #8) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: Of Truth and Beasts: A Novel of the Noble Dead (Mass Market): $8.99
- #10: Between Their Worlds: A Novel of the Noble Dead (Mass Market): $8.99
- #11: The Dog in the Dark (Noble Dead #11) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #12: A Wind in the Night (Noble Dead #12) (Mass Market): $8.99
She hunts the realm’s most dangerous game.
Her fees are exorbitant.
She’s worth every coin she receives.
Or is she?
Magiere has earned a reputation as the most formidable vampire slayer in the land. Villagers far and wide welcome her with both awe and disdain—grateful to her for ridding their towns of the undead menace, but finding themselves made poorer for their salvation. Magiere knows she’s dealing with simple folk, who only wish to have their superstitions silenced, and sees nothing wrong with exploiting them for profit.
Now, tired of the game, Magiere and her partner, the half-elf Leesil, are ready to hang up their weapons and settle down in a place they can finally call home. But their newfound peace will not last—for Magiere has come to the attention of a trio of powerful and dangerous vampires who know her true identity—and fear the birthright that flows through her veins. And they will stop at nothing to keep Magiere from fulfilling her destiny.
About the Author
Barb and J. C. Hendee live in a quirky little town near Portland, Oregon, with two geriatric and quite demanding cats. Barb's short fiction has appeared in numerous genre magazines and anthologies. She is the author of the Vampire Memories series. J.C.'s poetry, nonfiction, and short fiction have also appeared in many genre magazines. Visit their website at www.nobledead.org.
“A fabulous entertainment wrought with mystery, adventure, and sharp-toothed wit.”—Mark Anthony, author of Beyond the Pale
“Dhampir kept me turning pages…a broad new world.”—Mindy L. Klasky, author of The Glasswrights’ Journeyman